“There’s nothing better than having perfectly sun-kissed skin without lying out on the beach for hours on end”
Sunless Airbrush Tans look radiant and inspire confidence! They are a great way to wow family or friends at special events, weddings, vacations, reunions, interviews, or to simply jump-start, maintain, or boost a natural tan.
This is a service done by an airbrush technician.
Every Image Sun Tan is customized to our client’s needs. Beginning when you arrive, your Airbrush Artist will give you a quick consultation based on your skin color and desired look.We then guide you to the color and product that will be perfect for you! Your tan is then applied with our state of the art spray system by our Airbrush Tanning specialist. In less than 15 minutes, you will have a beautiful, glowing tan which is sure to be the envy of all of your friends! We do require an appointment for all airbrush spray tans.
Simply call 732-840-TANN to make your appointment.
Our Solution is:
- Paraben Free
- Gluten Free
- Sulfate Free
- Nut-Allergen Free
- Propylene Glycol Free
- Phthalates Free
- Synthetic Fragrance Free
Before you arrive to your Session
- Shower & exfoliate your skin. Do not apply any moisturizers or perfume when getting out of the shower. Clean skin reduces the risk of streaking.
• Shave 24 hours PRIOR to your visit
• Wear Dark, loose fitted clothing. A loose fit reduces clothes rubbing away a fresh tan. wear open toe shoes when weather permits. If there is a chance of rain, please bring an umbrella.
• Bring a hair tie or clip to hold your hair up away from your neck, to ensure proper coverage
During your session
- Remove clothing and all jewelry
- Apply blending cream to hands and feet.
- Put hair up if needed & put on hair cap
- Your Spray technician will guide you on how to stand while getting sprayed
- Your tan will continue to develop in 24 hours.
- For the protection of our staff and you, we recommend that undergarments be worn during your Airbrush Tanning session. We do provide our guests with disposable undergarments to wear if you choose. If wearing your own, we do recommend something strapless.
*NJ State Law requires that undergarments be worn during an Airbrush Session.
After your sunless Session
- Keep Skin Dry for 6-8 Hours: Allow the DHA to develop. Wait 6-8 hours before showering, and avoid sweating, entering any water, or applying makeup.
- When Showering, a simple rinse with warm or cool water is best! No shampoo or soap.You will see the exterior color come off (this is completely normal). This is just the excess color coming off. Pat skin dry. Do not rub when drying off.
Hydrated skin simply looks better. Flaky skin sheds and reduces the life of any tan. Hydrate daily for healthy looking skin. Moisturize Daily with Oil Free Products: Only use products and body washes that complement Sunless tans. Products with Mineral Oil and Sodium Laureth Sulfaten or Dove can significantly reduce the life of a Sunless tan. Ask our sales staff for recommendations.
4. Avoid Pool Chemicals and Salt Water: Chlorine, Bromine, and Salt Water reduce the effectiveness and cause premature fading of a Sunless tan..
- Avoid over Shaving or Scrubs: Protect against exfoliation, which fades Sunless tans.
At Image Sun we welcome all Body Building & Bikini Competitors We realize that one of the most important things prior to stepping on stage for your event… is your TAN. Spray tanning is the finishing touch to months in the gym and the final step before going on stage. All competitors must schedule a tanning time slot at least two days prior to an event. Organization is the key to guarantee all competitors receive the tan they deserve!
Before your Session
Shower: We recommend showering before your arrival for optimal results. Avoid using Dove or any “moisturizing” soap. The ingredients will clog your pores and leave uneven patches.
Manicure and Pedicure: Due to the strength of the product, a clear coat on your fingernails and toenails prior to your first appointment is necessary.
Exfoliate: This process will remove dead cells from the skin’s surface to help in the natural renewal process. We suggest a product that is designed specifically for sunless tanning
Shaving/Waxing: Any regular waxing or shaving should be done 24 hours prior to your spray
Cosmetics: To insure color and fade, please Avoid using the following prior to your Sunless/Airbrush session:
What to Wear
Clothing: We provide our guests with disposables to wear during their Customized Airbrush. We recommend that you wear dark, loose fitting clothing or wear swim trunks that have the same coverage as the trunks that you will use for your competition. Turn clothes inside out so you do not get seam lines. Wear open toe shoes when weather permits. If it is raining, we recommend wearing long sleeves, loose pants, socks, shoes/rain gear.
NJ State Law requires that undergarments be worn during an Airbrush Session.
Important! You cannot have any contact with water. If you want to work out, you cannot sweat profusely and must avoid cardio. The color will not take to your skin if you do any cardio. Avoid touching any area that is sprayed. Your feet may feel sticky but this is normal.
Showering – Cannot shower until right before your next appointment. Typically we recommend if the competition is on Saturday, come in Thursday night and shower Friday right before coming in with a quick cool water rinse. No soap or shampoo can be used! After showering, you can air dry or pat dry. After the last session, you cannot shower until the competition is over. You cannot use baby oil or PAM because this will make you sweat and may jeopardize your color.
We recommend that you do not use any cologne or deodorant after getting airbrushed. This will jeopardize the quality of your color.
Competitors may work out in between airbrushing sessions but only if sweating is as little as possible. Cardio is especially prohibited because you will sweat the color out of your pores